Comprehensive Technology Strategy: Why Every School Needs One and How to Develop ItDecember 23, 2022
Toras Chaim, Norfolk, VAFebruary 14, 2023
Head of School
San Diego Hebrew Day is seeking an experienced, talented Jewish educator – an aspiring Head of School and able community leader – to join its collaborative senior administrative team. We seek a candidate who has the experience and vision to develop into our future Head of School over the coming two years.
Currently celebrating its 60th anniversary year, San Diego Hebrew Day offers a rigorous, foundational Judaic and general studies program, encouraging all students to continue Jewish learning after graduation. Emphasis is placed on being a school community shaped with kindness, with a #feelslikehome setting, so that each child finds a place of belonging and becomes rooted within the Jewish people. Competitive salary, benefits, provision for housing and a professional growth package await the successful candidate.
Our next Head of School will be an inspiring Torah educator who brings:
- High level communication skills, written and verbal, to connect with diverse constituencies, conveying the vital Mission and Vision of SDHDS;
- A track record of developing strong relationships with parents, teachers, students, fellow administrators, donors and other community leaders;
- The willingness and relevant skills to raise funds;
- An in depth understanding of curricular standards and effective instruction;
- Commitment to community outreach and constituency building.
- 5+ years teaching, administrative and leadership experience in an Orthodox day school / Yeshiva
- Rabbinic ordination; graduate studies and achievements valued
- Leadership qualities and eagerness to be visible and engaged in all areas of school life.
San Diego Hebrew Day is the first Orthodox Jewish day school in San Diego. It offers an infant care through eighth grade program to a diverse Jewish community. Rabbi Simcha Weiser is the long-standing leader of the administrative and teaching team, and works with a Board of Directors drawn from community leaders and parents. The school expects that the new Head of School will be a long-term leader who will shape a generational transition opening a new chapter of progress.
Visit our website at www.hebrewday.org for additional school information.