JSAT Level 8 - The New National Judaic Studies High School Placement Exam!
JSAT (Judaic Studies Standardized Achievement Test) – Level 8
The Consortium of Jewish Day Schools is proud to offer Jewish Day Schools across North America the new JSAT Level 8 High School Placement Exam!
- JSAT Level 8 was developed with input from 62 middle schools and 15 high schools and assesses ten core areas of Judaic Studies programs.
- The purpose of JSAT Level 8 is to provide middle school educators and administrators with comprehensive and objective data about their middle school programs and to assist high school administrators with the placement of incoming high school students.
- This exam replaces the Hebrew portion of the BJE High School Placement Exam and is available to all Jewish day school and high school students.
- JSAT Level 8 is only available to be taken on paper (not online).
- For more information about the contents of the exam and ordering information, please follow the links below.
Note: The optional Gemarah section for the 2023-2024 exam will cover from the start of פרק המפקיד until שילם ולא רצה שילם in the middle of ל”ד ע”א in מסכת בבא מציעא.
Important Dates for Schools (2023-2024 Exam):
- Tuesday, September 5, 2023 – School registration begins
- Friday, September 29, 2023 – School registration ends
- Monday, November 20, 2023 – Examination date
- Wednesday, November 29, 2023 – Alternate make-up date for exam
- Monday, December 4, 2023 – Deadline for returning testing materials
- January 15, 2024 – Results distributed
For more information about JSAT Level 8 please contact Rabbi Tzvi Daum at email@example.com