Torah School of Greater Washington, Silver Spring, MDMarch 23, 2023
Talmudical Academy of Baltimore, MDApril 24, 2023
Yeshiva Magen Abraham (YMA) is a yeshiva focused on building and enabling each talmid to reach his potential. The yeshiva prepares its students for life as self-confident, passionate, and practicing Jews committed to a life of growth in Judaism. YMA is seeking to immediately hire a new Menahel/Principal for the current school and for the future. YMA, located in Brooklyn, NY currently has 70 students and is poised for growth with the development of our new campus for the 2023-24 academic year. The Menahel’s primary responsibilities will be to supervise our educational program and oversee day-to-day school operations. The Menahel is responsible for creating an atmosphere that supports a love of Judaism, Torah learning, personal conduct and a seriousness of General Studies where students can grow in their studies within the structure of a NYS Regents curriculum.
- Oversee both the Torah and General Studies faculty
- Oversee day-to-day school classes and programming.
- Hire and supervise new teachers
- Set learning goals for students and teachers
- Monitor and report on teacher performance
- Give guidance to Rabbeim and teachers about best teaching practices.
- Review and implement school policies and rules
- Handle emergencies and school crises
- Organize school events and assemblies
- Maintain attendance records and communicate with parents and students about absences.
- Plan student extra-curricular activities that work in concert with both the Torah and General Studies curriculums.
- Maintain positive student behavior.
- Supervise night seder.
- Work with the Rosh Yeshiva in recruiting future students for the school.
- Requirements and skills
- Previous experience in an administrative or leadership capacity
- Attention to detail Great presentation and communication skills
- Crisis management
- Ability to coach and inspire
- Ability to connect with and inspire talmidim.
- Ability to create and foster an environment of order and calmness in the building to create a healthy learning atmosphere.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Contact Rabbi Shimon Schenker, Schenker Consulting, 914.419.6654, Shimonschenker@gmail.com
or contact Rabbi Heshy Glass at email@example.com.