Toras Chaim, Norfolk, VAFebruary 14, 2023
Mizrahi Torah Academy, Plantation, FLMarch 23, 2023
Head of School
1. Be the “face” of the school in the community
2. Manage curriculum and education
3. Provide vision for the growth of the school
4. Work on expanding enrollment
5. Work on fundraising together with the board
1. Ability to work with other communal organizations
2. Ideally, experience as a Principal or Assistant Principal
3. Some degree of comfort with fundraising
4. Ideally, a higher education degree
Maayan is a warm, welcoming Orthodox, community day school. Our students excel at both Limudei Kodesh and Secular studies as well social/emotional development. At Maayan , we believe we are creating future leaders of Klal Yisrael! If you are passionate about the chinuch of the future generation, let’s be in touch.
Some of the unique strengths of Maayan
• We are a boutique school. Our small size allows us to give each and every student a tailor-made plan that
sets them up for success
• A long-tenured, highly skilled faculty who are committed to the school, who enjoy strong professional
development support, and who care deeply for each of their students;
• An exceptionally supportive and engaged parent body;
• A program that is strong in secular studies, Judaics, and social-emotional-learning;
• Robust student support services on campus;
• A visionary and supportive board, active in fundraising and working in a close and effective relationship with
the Head of School;
• A population demographic growing in child-age families; and
• A positive and growing reputation and image in the Greater Portland Jewish community.
• Maayan overflows with love and excitement. The care
and dedication our staff display are palpable at all
• Our students and parents truly feel like one big family
Opportunities for the next Head of School
• While the school is on solid footing, the new HOS will have the opportunity to continue the recent pattern of enrollment growth and financial stability to plan strategically for the future.
• As the chief academic officer of the school, the Head will be responsible for assuring the maintenance and development of our high Kodesh, secular, social- emotional program standards.
• In a school and community where relationships are very important, the new Head will be expected to become a part of the Portland Jewish community, to know and be known as a communal leader, and to build and cement relationships with congregations and other Jewish community organizations.
• The new HOS will have a leadership role as the face of the school, continuing our success in making the case for support and inspiring confidence in donors.
• As the leader of a supportive administrative team, faculty, and board, the Maayan Head of School will wear multiple hats and be an effective manager as well as the school’s visionary leader.
Head of School Candidate Attributes and Experiences
• A role model of Torah and Yiras Shamayim
• A progressive Jewish educator with understanding of excellence in both Kodesh and secular studies
Experience with successfully hiring, motivating, supporting, and evaluating faculty and staff
• A HOS who is both a visionary leader and capable manager
• Sufficient financial literacy to partner with the board and business manager on the school budget and oversight of operations
Eagerness to “get out in the community” and represent the school by building
relationships and increasing the Maayan’s visibility and reputation
• Desire to make Portland “home” and to embrace the local community especially the students and their families
• Experience working in partnership with a best-practices board
Possess an understanding of ECE-grade eight students and their families
• A warm, nurturing leader who sets expectations and holds people accountable
For more information or to apply, please contact Rabbi Heshy Glass at firstname.lastname@example.org.