Learning Specialist Teacher
We are Fuchs Mizrachi School in Beachwood, Ohio. We educate and inspire students from age two
through twelfth grade. We are motivated by a real passion for learning and leadership. We are a
Jewish community-based school that believes that teacher-student relationships are the foundation
of a great education.
We are seeking a full-time Learning Specialist Teacher for the remainder of the 2021-2022 school
year to provide educational support services and instruction to students with diverse learning styles.
The Learning Specialist Teacher will work with students from grades 6 – 8.
She or he is committed to professional growth, developing best-practice interventions, and
strategically guiding teachers to enable every student to learn to the best of their abilities.
The Learning Specialist Teacher reports to the Principal of the Junior High School and works closely
with the guidance team.
Job roles and responsibilities include:
Intervention both in and beyond the classroom
● Provide direct support to young adolescents individually and in small groups with a focus on
increasing executive functioning capacity, meeting IEP goals in reading comprehension,
written expression and math, and developing crucial academic skills
● Act as a resource for staff in the areas of learning development, learning strategies, and
identification of learning disabilities
● Collaborate with, and support, classroom teachers and outside therapists to differentiate,
accommodate and modify student assignments
● Engage in ongoing communication with parents including in-person parent meetings about
their child’s progress
● Manage, analyze, and document assessment data at intervals throughout the school year to
ensure that students are meeting benchmarks
● Guide parents through the initial IEP process and IEP renewal
● Act as a liaison between parents, the school, and the financial office
● Create personalized schedules for students receiving support
● Coordinate state testing (with the Ohio Department of Education) for students receiving state
funds (Grades 6-12)
The ideal candidate is a hard worker, a team player, and a strong communicator, preferably with two
or more years of experience and a Master’s Degree in Special Education.
Fuchs Mizrachi School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
We have made extensive investments in the school spaces and have created effective policies to
ensure a safe working environment. The school’s Covid-19 response is overseen by an expert
Medical Advisory Committee.
Please send resumes to Rabbi Darren Levin: firstname.lastname@example.org