Chief Academic Officer
The Chief Academic Officer (CAO) is a leader, spokesperson, and resident expert on curriculum, instruction, pedagogy, and learning. This role develops the short and long-term instructional vision for the Jewish Academy and works to establish a culture of high expectation and shared responsibility. The CAO works to create authentic partnerships between the school to support effective teaching in every classroom, and to create conditions that ensure systemic improvement of practice over time in every classroom.
• Develop and implement plan to hire high quality teachers
• Develop strategies for teacher support and retention
• Organize and support school curricular goals
• “Chief communicator” of the School Board’s educational vision and goals to the parents in the community
• Attend all school events to communicate educational vision of TJA
• Communicating and responding to education questions
• Build partnerships with community organizations to support the educational vision of the School Board
• Support the Dual-Enrollment partnership with FIU
• Foster policies to build a reputation of academic excellence
• Develop strategies to support student learning & support
• Driving a culture of student empowerment
• Policies for supporting higher education prep
Approximately 20 hours a week/part time/flexible hours
Addition hours as needed to fulfill job responsibilities. Must attend school events as needed.