Middle School Principal
The Leon and Leona Brauser Maimonides Academy (BMA) is a Modern Orthodox Zionistic Jewish Day School committed to academic excellence in both Judaic and General Studies, while maintaining a warm, nurturing, learning environment in which our students thrive intellectually, socially and spiritually. BMA strives to empower our students with the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed to their full potential. The school seeks to instill within each child a lifelong love of Torah with adherence to Halacha; love and respect for Klal Yisrael and Medinat Yisrael; commitment to mitzvot; development of positive middot, and proficiency in modern Hebrew. The uniqueness of a BMA education is its child-centered approach, which focuses on each student’s individual character and personality. The cultivation of responsibility, discipline, self-esteem, confidence and genuine love and respect for all people is the hallmark of our education. Through growth in character, spirituality and Torah knowledge, BMA strives to produce graduates that are uplifted by their education and motivated to become contributing members of the Jewish community and the world at large. Our care for the whole child is built upon three core values:
Ensures the highest academic standards and a safe and secure learning environment for all students. Leads, manages, supervises, and administers all programs, policies and activities of the middle school. Monitors instruction, ensures implementation of curriculum and assesses effectiveness of instructional and support personnel.
● Sets high expectations and standards for the academic and social development of all students. Utilizes data to monitor student achievement aligned to performance expectations.
● Facilitates professional development of the instructional staff utilizing assessment data and other performance measures. Ensures professional development strategies are aligned and targeted to meet the needs of students in programs.
● Ensures a safe and secure learning environment through the systematic implementation of Positive Behavior Intervention Supports and other appropriate preventive strategies.
● Supervises the school’s instructional program through the evaluation of lesson planning, systematic monitoring of curriculum and instruction, and targeted feedback
● Develops and encourages positive school/community relations with internal and external stakeholders, and serves as liaison between the school, staff, and the community.
● Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of differentiated instruction
• Knowledge of current educational trends and research regarding effective strategies for school programs
• Strong supervisory skills
• Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software skills
• Strong creative problem solving skills
• Strong time management skills
• Ability to monitor student outcomes to assess effectiveness of strategic plan implementation
• Ability to prepare and manage a budget and allocated resources
• Ability to use technology to effectively communicate and manage tasks
• Ability to use coaching and evaluation procedures
• Ability to design, plan and organize activities to achieve goals
• Ability to effectively facilitate meetings
Education: Degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two (2) years of successful administrative school experience as Assistant/Vice Principal. Classroom teaching experience (at least 6 years).
Apply: Email Cover Letter and Resume to Rabbi Yoni Fein, Head of School. RabbiFein@brauser.us.