South Peninsula Hebrew Day School (SPHDS), a 49-year old independent modern Orthodox Jewish day school serving a diverse spectrum of the Jewish community of the South Bay from Early Childhood through 8th grade.
SPHDS seeks a talented K-8 Principal for the 2022-2023 academic year, to provide leadership, supervision and organization for all aspects of our K-8 division. The Principal leads a talented team of over 30 faculty members and 150 motivated K-8 students to reach their full potential. This visionary educational leader will set a high standard of academic achievement for all disciplines, while creating a positive, warm school climate on a beautiful campus located in Sunnyvale, California.
This Principal will work collegially with a dedicated administrative team which includes a Director of Jewish Studies, Hebrew Department Chair and General Studies Chair, and Program Director, while reporting to the Head of School.
● Serve as the K-8 educational leader of the school
● Lead the recruitment, support, scheduling, evaluation, morale, and retention of faculty
● Build on the design and method of execution of a student-centered curriculum
● Develop and support professional programs and growth opportunities for faculty
● Enable teachers and students to set and meet personalized educational goals and to
share these goals and progress to them with parents
● Develop relationships with our current families to enlist them as partners in their
children’s education and inspire reenrollment
● Effectively implement policies and procedures
● Collaborate with and support faculty in the running of special programs (eg. STEAM
Night, Night at the Museum, Science Fair and class field trips)
● MS in Education or EdD preferred; MA, MS or PhD in a subject-based area acceptable
● 7+ years of teaching experience required
● 3-5 years experience of playing a school leadership role in a school preferred
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Detail-oriented and a team player
● Demonstrated ability and commitment to work in a collaborative team environment
● Ability to delegate tasks as appropriate
Competitive and is commensurate with experience. The school has and contributes to health, vision, dental, and retirement programs.
Our campus’ exterior hallways, large openable windows, outdoor student and staff dining, radiant heat, room-specific air conditioners, and 5 acre campus bordering a 5 acre public park are perfectly suited for running school safely during the pandemic. The school carefully follows CDPH COVID mitigation guidelines.
Please send resume to email@example.com