MIDDLE SCHOOL SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Middle School Special Education Teacher
Joseph Kushner Hebrew Academy Middle School, located in Livingston, New Jersey is seeking a dynamic, nurturing, skills-driven special education teacher for the 2021-2022 to join our enthusiastic, collaborative Learning Center team.
Our new Learning Center teacher should:
A bachelor’s degree is required and a master’s is preferred, in addition to two years of experience. Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Development
The Director of Development will play a vital role in building off our successful endowment, capital and annual campaigns furthering the mission of the school to inspire excellence. This leader will oversee all aspects of the Development Department, with a focus on defining the fundraising strategy, and cultivating, fostering and enhancing donor relationships to further financial stability to enable continued investment in our goals.
The Director will lead the fundraising team and have accountability for all facets of the Development lifecycle and stewardship for the strategic plan, including major donor cultivation, annual campaign events, and other fundraising initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Forge relationships with donors, strengthen current relationships and solicit gifts through personal meetings, events, and other activities
2. Foster a ‘culture of giving’ in the community through parent engagement at all levels of capacity; Develop plans to identify donors who are capable of increased gifts
3. Design, enhance, and implement programs designed to secure both short- and long-range fundraising objectives. Focus on major donor cultivation, solicitation & retention; Develop individually tailored face-to-face, one-on-one cultivation and solicitation meetings
4. Engage with the Head of School, Development Committee, and other lay leaders to set fundraising goals, strategize, manage their cultivation and solicitation of targeted donors, and report on progress toward goals
5. Support the Head of School in his role in the Development process, positioning him for maximum impact
6. Enhance and oversee team, and collaborate with other school leaders in support of Development efforts; Oversee maintenance of existing fundraising record keeping procedures in order to identify potential donors, track existing donors and acknowledge record and report all gifts
7. Serve as the “Face of Development” in the community by attending all school events to forge relationships parents, grandparents, and alumni
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• 10 years of professional experience in a related field; Non-profit experience a plus • Demonstrated knowledge of and passion for the mission of a Jewish Day School. Familiarity with Greater MetroWest community and JKHA/RKYHS a plus
• Powerful relationship cultivation skills; demonstrated ability to maintain a diverse network through integrated effective interactions with all levels of donors, peers, volunteers and staff • Ability to bring structure to ambiguous environments, straddling strategy and execution; strong organization skills
• Capacity to motivate, lead and collaborate effectively with team of peers, fundraising staff, volunteer leaders and volunteer cultivators/solicitors around a common purpose; experience mentoring and developing the skills of junior team members
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills (oral and written) to support cause across both informal and formal audiences; Grant writing a plus
• Personable, energetic, self-starting nature with a willingness to roll-up sleeves to do whatever it takes to get the job done
• Availability to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Development.Careers@jkha.org.