General Studies Principal
The Lubavitch Girls High School (Chicago) has achieved an international reputation for its excellent dual general and Jewish studies curricula that educate and empower our students to become the next generation of leaders and community builders. LGHS is entering an exciting new chapter characterized by expansion and elevating the bar for excellence. We seek a dynamic General Studies Principal who will cultivate an atmosphere that inspires interest and excitement for learning and a continuous growth mindset for all students and teaching staff.
To this end, the General Studies Principal shall:
• Oversee and implement a comprehensive general studies program that challenges students and provides them the resources they need to achieve personal success in all of their academia.
• Implement conscientious and effective methods of evaluating staff and student progress.
• Inspire the pursuit of character development and ethical personality traits via curricula, special projects, integrated study, and role modeling by staff.
• See the ability of each individual student/staff member and bring out the best in each one of them.
• Promote self/staff development and provide ample opportunities for staff to be continuously building upon the quality and richness of education we deliver to our students.
• Incorporate technology as an integral component of teaching methodology.
• Lead with clear vision for school and student body.
Qualifications/qualities of the General Studies Principal shall include:
• Master’s Degree in Education or a related field
• Strong leadership and team development skills, as well as strong ability to work collaboratively in a diverse environment
• Experience with shared governance, assessment, and strategic planning
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Commitment to teaching diverse learners
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with selected candidate’s years of education and leadership experience.
For further information or to apply, please contact Rabbi Baruch Hertz: RabbiHertz@LGHSChicago.org